Create PDFs for free!
- Free to use
- Converts PDFs very quickly
- Doesn't change text when converting
- Sometimes reformats graphics
- Doesn't use Windows file saving format
PrimoPDF is a free program that will let you create PDFs from any application on your computer.
The fact that PrimoPDF is free makes it all the more appealing – other PDF creation apps can be really pricey. Another frequent PDF problem is that the programs inevitably change the formatting of your text once you've converted your document to PDF. PrimoPDF avoids this, however, converting to PDF as faithfully as the original. It's also remarkably fast and the installation is equally speedy.
Once installed, PrimoPDF appears as a virtual printer in your Printer preferences. There’s also a desktop link that you can simply drag your files to for conversion, and if you look under the main PrimoPDF interface, you’ll be able to tweak options, including the ability to add a password and email your PDF after creation.
A really excellent PDF creator that will have Adobe critics laughing all the way to their virtual printers.
- Double byte character support, enhanced support for Microsoft Windows 98, ME, and NT, PDF viewing support for non-Windows environments, and full support for 64-bit machines Secure PDFs with 40-/128-bit encryption, allowing the highest level of security for your PDF files. Settings include password to open, password to change, disable printing, disable text/graphics copying, disable commenting, disable text editing, disable page addition. Add document information (e.g. title, author, subject, keywords) to converted PDF files, resulting in faster and easier searching of PDF documents.